In brief, Vietnam visa-on-arrival is a process of obtaining the pre-approved visa letter (visa approval letter) through a travel agency in Vietnam to check in at the departure airport and pick up the actual visa stamp at an international airport in Vietnam upon arrival.4 STEPS TO GET VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL
What are the differences between this process and getting visa at Vietnam embassies?
- It is only applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air.
- You only need fill out the visa application form online instead of visiting the Vietnam embassies or sending documents to Embassies over by post.
- The online visa application does not require sending your passport away.
- You get a visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department indicating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam and have your visa stamped upon arrival at one of Vietnam international airports.
1. Fill out the secure online application form
- To complete the online application for a Vietnam visa approval letter, the visa applicants need to provide the following information exactly as shown in their passports (as once issued, the approval letter could not be amended in any way).
– Full name (exactly as in your passport)
– Date of birth (DOB)
– Passport Number
– Proposed arrival date
– Proposed exit date
– Purpose of visit
2. Confirm and pay
- Please double check to ensure the information is correct, select to use extra services (Airport Fast Track/Car Pick-Up) if any.
- You can make payment with your Credit/ Debit Card via PayPal or pay via Western Union.
3. Get approval letter and prepare for getting visa stamped on arrival
- After 1 working day (urgent service) or 2 working days (normal one), YOU WILL:
- Get visa approval letter via email (attached with entry and exit form)
- Print out the letter and the entry and exit form
- Fill out the entry and exit form
- Prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($25 for single entry visa; $50 for multiple entry visa)
- Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports
4. Get your visa stamped upon arrival
- Upon arrival to Vietnam International Airports (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Hai Phong), you present all things in the prepared package (passport, visa approval letter, 2 passport sized photos, the exit and entry form and stamping fee) to the Immigration officer to get your visa stamped
Special Note: Visa on arrival is available for air travel only, in case you arrive by land or sea cruise you are advised to contact the embassy of Vietnam in your country to apply for a visa before you go.